The Benefits of Online Business Directory Listings
Advertising is the name of the game and, to do this well, having an online presence is very important. Registering with an online business directory will boost your business profile. Most online business directories offer a choice of free and paid advertising services memberships or accounts, and both play a vital role in promoting businesses.
Generally speaking, paid memberships give you greater flexibility and control, and allow you to better showcase services and products, which provides customers with a better chance to find you in their online search results. If you are choosing online advertising sites, choose carefully for those that better fit your business, as some offer great value for the usually very nominal costs incurred.
The key is to maximise the results of your effort and time in establishing your online business directory presence, along with your online presence generally (assuming you have a website). Ideally, you will register with an online business directory that features prominently within internet search engines (e.g. Google). With mobile devices also having internet access, the use of online business directories is increasingly important, so utilise this advertising medium. These directories help raise your profile and brand so you can secure increased customer numbers.
Remember that when it comes to business, exposure is everything! The more people who know about your business the more likely you will be able to increase your profit.
HirePulse is an online business directory solution that provides a range of features including the ability to list your business, highlight your branding (logo), list your key people (including their photographs if you like), as well as list your products and services, embed social media links, associate networks, and more. This method of advertising also assists your business with SEO strategies and provides practical business tips via its regular blogs and updates.
If you are not listed with an online business directory, you are likely missing sales opportunities!
Listing your business with an online business directory is generally very easy and convenient. However, registration is not simply about exposure and getting your name out into the market place, so take the time to maximise the value return for your spend.
Maximizing Your Online Business Directory Listing
We all know that competition is generally very high and that most of us are time starved. This is extremely true of people who run their own businesses, because they need to balance working in the business and actually running it (working on the business).
10 important tips to maximise returns on your efforts:
- Make your online business directory listings appealing. If you were to come across your online business directory listing, would you find it appealing, and more appealing than your potential customers? Use similar branding to your website if you have one.
- Consider a number of directories, focusing on those that allow you best advertise your products and services and be found by customers. At HirePulse earn PulsePoints towards a fully paid membership and be rewarded!
- Select an online business directory that looks organised and appealing, as it is also more likely to be used by your potential customers. Hard to use online business directories are not consumer friendly, and add little benefit to your company if your customers don’t hang around to use it.
- Link to your social media campaigns. Use Twitter to update your customers on changes to your services, products and advertisements. Communicate your messages concisely and clearly.
- Create links back to your website from HirePulse, as this helps your search engine optimisation.
- Consider both a mix of free listings and paid listings, but look at the features and ability to manage your own content, so you can keep it fresh.
- Site that allows ratings can work for and against you and will require you to regularly monitor your ratings. If your ratings are low, then act to either change this or cancel your advertisement on that site as it will do more damage than good.
- Look for online business directories that are nationwide and that have a large number of listings as these are more likely to be used by customers. Also choose a site that categorises by region. HirePulse, for example, offers search tools that allow visitors to search by location as well as by individual and by business, and offers a complete consumer solution for finding businesses throughout Australia.
- Select an online business directory that provides the flexibility to change the information as often as you like, as your business will evolve. It is also important to keep your adverts fresh and up to date, as out of date adverts are very damaging to your business and can be very frustrating to your customers. This sounds obvious, but is a problem frequently not addressed.
- Consider how your adverts tie into industry online business directories. If these are available, this is a good place to tap into industry specific news and issues.
In summary, online business directories benefit all types and sizes of businesses and offer an inexpensive and generally effective way to maintain your online presence. You will also be able to meet, link or affiliate with other advertisers and this provides a great opportunity to network. Don’t forget to look at what others are doing and treat your visits to other advertisers as an opportunity to improve your own advert. Better search rankings draw more customers to your site and the HirePulse business directory does exactly that, register today!