Free Business Listings Australia
In Australia there are many ways¬ to get free advertising for your product and services. The only limitation is likely to be the amount of your time you can devote to setting up this marketing strategy. Search for ‘free advertising’ and add “Australia” any search engine and you’ll get a large number of results. However, it’s important to choose carefully and ensure that you advertise on a site that will benefit your business and be likely to draw customers in your market.
Free Business Listings – What Are the Benefits?
It is essential that potential customers know what your business has to offer. Customers also know that there are lots of places where businesses can advertise in free business listings. However, it is still recommended that the business owner make a conscious choice about how this activity slots into marketing methods / tactics as part of their marketing plan. The first step in this process is to identify the right strategy or tactic to reach your market group – i.e. those customers who will need and / or want your product and services. This is known as your target market. Once you understand who your target market is, it will be easier to create a strategy or marketing tactic to work for them.
There are lots of benefits of advertising in the various free business listings, but some key ones are:
- Inexpensive marketing – you will need to do most of the work, but if you utilise the free business listing sites then you can simply cost in your time for creating the advert;
- Relatively easy to set-up – this will depend on each of the various free listing pages;
- The internet is the fastest growing sales tool with over A$143b (ABS) in orders being placed over the internet in the financial year 2010/2011, so this will expand the reach of your business as you create effective advertising on-line.
- You web address in the free listing pages can help your SEO and drive increased traffic to your website.
- You determine the initial content (and changes) of your listings.
- The more free listings you have, the broader is your net.
- Keeps your advertising up to date and varied – this is something you can update all the time if you are utilising free business listings.
- The ability to track your results - using analytics you can track how your marketing campaign is working.
Preparation for Your Free Business Listing
While the website for each free business listing you use will vary slightly, it is important to do some prior planning to have success with your advert. A badly worded or presented advert can have the opposite effect you want and actually drive business away, so getting it right is important. Know what you want to say. The following is a quick guide to the sorts of things you should be thinking about.
- Look to see if the site offering you a free business listing is going to fit within your identified target market. If yes, then look at the detail of how it works, so that you can best present your listing. For example see if it allows you to showcase your logo (brand), your unique selling position, any signature products, etc.
- Think about the message you want to convey to your target market. This should be written in terms of what benefits customers will get from your services and NOT how you will benefit by having them as a customer. It needs to be all about what value your services or goods offer your potential customers.
- After loading up your listing, monitor it to see if it works. Be prepared to vary it many times as you may not get it right the first time.
- Look at other adverts on free business listing sites to get ideas on how your advert might look on that site.
Free Business Listings in Australia With HirePulse
HirePulse offers both a paying and free membership to advertise your business / services and / or goods. However, this site is quite different from most of its competitors:
- HirePulse allows your customers to see who they are dealing with, as even the free advertising service allows you to include details of team members. You can include your photograph, what your skills are and where you offer your services – i.e. around Australia or just in one state. This makes it easy for your customers to identify with you.
- The team input is managed by you, so you have control over what you want to show and you can include a photograph if you choose to.
- Your current customers can search for you individually if they don’t know the name of your business. The extensive search function allows your customers and potential customers to search by name, by your service as well as by state location. This can easily increase your traffic to both the advert on HirePulse and to your website.
- Your advert allows you to link easily with FaceBook, Twitter, Linkedin. No need to double handle your information as HirePulse does this for you automatically.
- You can include recommendations, and set up a local community within the HirePulse site. If you work with other service providers, then create affiliates linked to your listing.
- You can chat to your potential clients immediately if you are on line.
- You may make changes as often as you like.
- The advert can include a logo and other information in a professional look and feel.
- Customers are able to send you a message directly from your ad, for free. You’ll receive their contact information in an email so that you can get in touch directly.
Creating a free business listing on HirePulse takes only minutes and it could be the smartest business decision you can make. We’re confident that HirePulse can deliver more business to you in a unique, cost effective way.